Episode 27: 2017 Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comic Con
Last October, I got to yet again attend Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comic Con, formerly known as Comikaze. My second time attending, this time I only went one day. This convention, now in its sixth year, was Los Angeles’ first major comic convention. As with any convention, there were plenty of panels, celebrities, and artists and vendors to go about.
Basic show notes:
- Running time is 20 minutes, 20 seconds.
- The main interviews were recorded on October 28, 2017.
- My first interview was with TJ Troy of the comic/music Run Downhill. The music you hear before his interview is from “The Actors Stage”, one of his interactive postcards that I got to see in action after my interview.
- I attended the Quantum Leap Tribute panel, a Q&A with series creator Donald Bellisario and star Scott Bakula. While I obviously can’t share the full audio with you, I give you a glimpse of what the panel was like. Here’s my article back in January 2017 about the Blu-ray release of the series.
- My second interview was with the artist Elaine Ho. You can see her gorgeous artwork at her website.
- Mid-show plug is from the man, the myth, the legend — Hal Sparks, who I interviewed during the red carpet of the Extraordinary: Stan Lee event last August. Listen to the full episode here.
- I started a new segment called “Angie Geeks Out”, based off of Pop Culture Happy Hour‘s “What’s Making Us Happy” segment. I talk about finally trying the Netflix series “Black Mirror” — partly because PCHH did a segment on the latest season.
- Theme music is “Schoolyard Haze”, by Jari Pitkanen, available via the Free Music Archive.
- This podcast is released under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share-Alike License.
- Interested in hearing other episodes of G33K Out? Check them out here.
And now, it’s time to geek out.