Updated September 29, 2017
Looking for a specific publication?
I’ve been published in a wide range of places.
- Annenberg Radio News
- Camera Angles (the publication for the cinematographer’s union, so no link: contact me if you want a PDF)
- Culture Whisper
- Den of Geek
- KC Stage
- LA Weekly
- The Mary Sue
- Medium (my page on Medium itself is here)
- Neon Tommy
- Project Quinn
- RYOT (now only available in PDF format)
- Stage Directions Magazine
- Tea & Fiction
- Unreel Media: I spent three years writing SEO-based content for Unreel Media, writing on topics ranging from locations in the Caribbean to ice cream makers. Contact me for samples.
Looking for a specific TYPE of piece?
Any of my blog items tagged portfolio are either published or show my work at it’s best, but here they are broken up by type. (Head’s up: some obviously overlap.)
- news items or covering events
- profiles or straight up interviews
- travel & documentary
- how-to’s and educational
- viral-based (like you would see on Buzzfeed or Upworthy)
- editorial items and more personal essay type
- reviews, whether it’s of theatre, film, books, or other items
I’ve also helped an interactive multimedia story:
Raising the Bar — part of Off the Freeway. This was a project that my Advanced Multimedia class did in the spring of 2014. I coded and designed the home page, the About page, and the Competitions page. I also wrote and took the photos that accompanied the article on the Competitions page.
You can see all of my tags here.
Some of my photos have been used in websites:
- Book Review: The New Urban Question by Andy Merrifield – photo of the London skyline
- World Book Day: Dewey need library benches? – photo of the Dr. Seuss book bench in London
- Book Cheap Travel liked one of my Arizona photos as well as one of my Colorado photos
I’ve been quoted in a few Storify stories:
- V3Con 2016 and V3Con: Opening Night (November 26, 2016)
- #Prevenge SXSW reactions & remainging UK play dates (March 18, 2017 — and I wasn’t even at SXSW)
Finally, here are some items of note: