Any of my blog items tagged portfolio are either published or show my work at it’s best, but here’s a short list of what I think is my current best work and linked to the original site. They are in order of when they were published, and I am only including recent work (or if it’s a specific type, like my audio).
Updated January 26, 2017
- Fat Positive Cosplay: Meet TaLynn Kel – published on Ravishly on January 26, 2017
- Interview: The Doubleclicks Continue to Rock, Are Writing Songs About Literally Everything – published on The Mary Sue on November 3, 2016
- From Backstage to Comics to Fans – published on Stage Direction‘s online site on February 25, 2016
- Investigating Amazon’s top 100 Sci Fi & Fantasy books list – published on Den of Geek on November 26, 2015
- Every Car Has a Story – a short piece for KCRW’s Sounds LA project, published September 30, 2015
- Raising the Bar – part of Off the Freeway, a project that my Advanced Multimedia class did, which studied interactive narrative websites. I coded and designed the home page, the About page, and the Competitions page. I also wrote and took the photos that accompanied the article on the Competitions page – published spring 2014
Looking for a specific publication?
- Annenberg Radio News
- Camera Angles (the publication for the cinematographer’s union, so no link: contact me if you want a PDF)
- Culture Whisper
- Den of Geek
- KC Stage
- LA Weekly
- The Mary Sue
- Medium (my page on Medium itself is here)
- Neon Tommy
- Project Quinn
- RYOT (now only available in PDF format)
- Stage Directions Magazine
- Tea & Fiction
- I also spent three years writing SEO-based content for Unreel Media, writing on topics ranging from locations in the Caribbean to ice cream makers. Contact me for samples.
Looking for a specific TYPE of article (some overlap)? These are only items I have marked as portfolio-worthy.
- news items or covering events
- profiles or straight up interviews
- travel & documentary
- how-to’s and educational
- viral-based (like you would see on Buzzfeed or Upworthy)
- editorial items and more personal essay type
- reviews, whether it’s of theatre, film, books, or other items
- audio-based items, including my Stage Savvy theatre podcast and G33K Out podcast (although you can also hear all my radio pieces over on my SoundCloud account)
You can see all of my tags here.
I’ve also been quoted in a few Storify stories:
- V3Con 2016 and V3Con: Opening Night (November 26, 2016)
- #Prevenge SXSW reactions & remainging UK play dates (March 18, 2017 – and I wasn’t even at SXSW)