Note: this article was also published on SciFi4Me.com.
Episode 19: WonderCon 2016 – High Scorers Panel
Last March, I attended WonderCon here in Los Angeles. I (and a few others) covered it for SciFi4Me.com, and I had a lot more content that I never had time to do anything with.
One such item was a chance to meet up with some of the guys that were on the “High Scorers Panel: Star Composers of the Video Game World”. The panel was, obviously, music composers for video games talking about their work. I managed to get a chance to interview some of them before the panel. I first talked to Gordy Haab (Star Wars: Battlefront, Star Wars: The Old Republic, The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct) and Niels Bye Nielsen (Hitman, Ratchet & Clank Series), and then I talked to Bill Brown (Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Captain America: Super Soldier, Lineage II) and John Kaefer (Quantum Break).
Head’s up: due to the press set up, any time I talked, the mic was not in front of me. I bumped up my audio as much as possible, but it’s still pretty noticeable.
- Running time is 27 minutes, 5 seconds.
- The main interview was recorded on March 25, 2016.
- Mid-show plug is from Emilya Piansay, the managing editor over at Tea & Fiction (which I’ve been crossposting some of my stuff at).
- Theme music is “Schoolyard Haze”, by Jari Pitkanen, available via the Free Music Archive.
- This podcast is released under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share-Alike license.
- Interested in hearing other episodes of G33K Out? Check them out here.
And now, time to geek out.