Note: this article was also published on SciFi4Me.com.
Episode 21: Logan Composer Marco Beltrami
Marco Beltrami is no stranger to composing movies in the sci fi and superhero world. His first major breakthrough was doing the score for Wes Craven’s Scream, and you may recognize his music from such genre favorites as Hellboy, Mimic, The Faculty, and even worked with Philip Glass for the 2015 version of Fantastic Four. He’s been nominated for an Oscar for his scores for both 3:10 to Yuma and The Hurt Locker.
In early March, I had the opportunity to interview him over the phone about his latest project Logan, the latest — and possibly last — Wolverine movie starring Hugh Jackman.
Basic show notes:
- Running time is 16 minutes, 55 seconds.
- The main interview was recorded on March 8, 2017.
- For more information about Marco Beltrami, visit his website.
- Logan opened March 3, and the soundtrack is available to stream via Spotify (see playlist below).
- Mid-show plug is from playwright Pete Bakely. who I not only wrote a spotlight on, but who was also a guest on my other podcast, Stage Savvy.
- Theme music is “Schoolyard Haze”, by Jari Pitkanen, available via the Free Music Archive.
- This podcast is released under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share-Alike license.
- Interested in hearing other episodes of G33K Out? Check them out here.
And now, time to geek out.