Episode 28: Author Kevin J. Anderson
Last year, when I attended the 2017 Writers of the Future Awards, I got a chance to interview author Kevin J. Anderson, who was one of the judges. Alas, the audio went to The Bad Place, lost in the ether. However, he thankfully was happy enough to do a phone interview with me later that month.
Author of more than 140 books, you may know him for his books in the Star Wars or Dune universes — or from his original work such as the Saga of Seven Suns. As with my interview with fellow Writers of the Future Award judge Nancy Kress, we delved deep into his writing process, including the differences between writing original fiction and works based in someone else’s universe, writing comics, and more.
Basic show notes:
- Running time is 44 minutes, 31 seconds.
- The main interview was recorded on April 25, 2017.
- For more information about Kevin J. Anderson, visit his website.
- Mid-show plug is from Emily Bergman with the Jane Austen Society, who I had interviewed in episode 24 at the LA Festival of Books.
- In this episode, “Angie Geeks Out” about the podcast It Makes a Sound, produced under the Night Vale Presents banner.
- This phone interview was recorded through the website Zencastr, which I highly recommend.
- Theme music is “Schoolyard Haze”, by Jari Pitkanen, available via the Free Music Archive.
- This podcast is released under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share-Alike License.
- Interested in hearing other episodes of G33K Out? Check them out here.
And now, it’s time to geek out.