Welcome to episode five of Stage Savvy: The Podcast, hosted by Angie Fiedler Sutton and Jen Morris.
This show clocks in at a little over 31 minutes. First up was an interview with Heidi Van, the curator of the Fishtank Performance Studio; and then we talked about what a theatre producer is and what a producer does.
- The show was recorded at the incredibly awesome studios at KKFI 90.1 FM Community Radio. If you don’t already listen to them, please do.
- Theme music is “A Variation of I Got Rhythm”, written and performed specifically for the podcast by Jason Bauer.
- First up was Heidi Van, who is a participating artist in the America: Now and Here arts installation, which lasts until May 28 at the Leedy-Voulkos Arts Center.
- The bumper is by John Rensenhouse, on the board with Kansas City Actors Theatre, and the June spotlight for KC Stage Magazine.
- In our discussion about producers, we mentioned:
- There’s a short promo from KC Stage Magazine.
- We asked for feedback — please feel free to comment on this blog entry, e-mail me, or call 816-23-STAGE (keep in mind your voice mail may go up on a later podcast).
- We ended on the song “Waltz with a Robot”, written and performed by Rick Malsick, a songwriter and playwright from Independence, Mo.
- The podcast is released under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share-alike license.
So, let’s dim the lights and start the show! Listen to Stage Savvy, episode 5:
Interested in hearing other episodes of Stage Savvy? Check them out here.