Welcome to the second episode of Stage Savvy: The Podcast, hosted by Angie Fiedler Sutton and Jen Morris.
This show clocks in a little over 39 minutes. The first topic was stage managing, and then we told some theatre tales.
- The show was recorded at the incredibly awesome studios at 90.1 FM KKFI Kansas City Community Radio. If you don’t already listen to them, please do so.
- Theme music is “A Variation of I Got Rhythm”, written and performed specifically for the podcast by Jason Bauer
- for stage management, we referenced:
- my article from the February 2009 KC Stage Magazine, “The Art of Stage Management”
- the University of California, Irving’s stage management master’s program
- The American Association of Community Theatre’s job description for a stage manager
- Theatre Ontario’s Guide to Producing in Community Theatre – note: you have to pay for this publication
- Theatre on a Shoestring’s Stage Manager’s Manual
- The Stage Management Handbook, by Daniel A. Ionazzi
- online organization items such as GoogleGroups, GoogleDocs, Yahoo Groups, Open Office
- Items I meant to reference, but forgot:
- Stage Management Network: a bulletin board for stage management
- ControlBooth: a bulletin board related to technical theatre
- the book Cue Tips, Stage Management for High School Theatre, by Elizabeth Ward: I have not read it myself, but have seen it recommended by several websites as a great resource for those in high school or college looking to start into stage management
- bumper by Tricia Kyler Bowling of American Heartland Theatre
- short promo from Richard Buswell of KC Stage Magazine
- We asked for feedback – please feel free to comment on this blog entry, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 816-23-STAGE (keep in mind your voice mail may go up on a later podcast)
- speaking of feedback: I’d love to hear back about these show notes – too much, not enough, just right? Comment on this blog post to let me know!
- We ended on the song “Plaything”, written and performed by Jason Vivone: it’s featured on his new solo CD My Roaring Twenties. He plays at Coda (1744 Broadway, KCMO) on First Fridays. You can find him on Facebook as well as at www.reverbnation.com/JasonVivone.
- The podcast is released under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share-alike license.
So, let’s dim the lights and start the show! Listen to Stage Savvy, episode 2:
Interested in hearing other episodes of Stage Savvy? Check them out here.